An Alternative to Knoxweb
What’s the Difference?
Knoxweb markets themselves as not only a Knoxville web designer, but as a national web design agency. One of their supposed strong qualities is digital marketing with an emphasis on SEO and Ads.
About a year ago, one of our previous clients was lured away from us slowly with the promise of bigger, shinier things. It started off slow with Knoxweb claiming they could improve their SEO with better marketing. At the time our client switched to them, our client ranked 1 & 2 in search engine returns for local SEO and #1 overall on several major keywords. When we checked today, they rank #5 for their own business name. Yep, they went from the #1 spot to #5 on a Google search for their own business name.
On a site audit using Serpstat, they went from a 96 overall site score a year ago to an 87. They went from ZERO high priority issues to 215. One thing to keep in mind is that all this is based on US Google data only.
With the same client in mind we decided to dig a little deeper to see how they were really marketing them. When we looked to see where they were being backlinked from and referring domains, we found some very strange activity. 75% of their backlinks are coming from dating sites. Out of the 49 referring domains, only 3 are legit. The other 46 are sites known to be used for fake backlinking in an effort to improve SEO results.
This is the type of stuff you do if you want to hurt your SEO, not improve it.
Knoxweb is one of those Knoxville web designers who are similar to a used car salesman. They talk a good talk but at the end of the day you still drive away in a lemon. They put little to no effort in their designs and often overlook simple layout styling that’s very noticeable. Here’s some actual examples of this:
- Drop down and mobile menus where the text is the same color as the background.
- Two homepages, both with different menu styling.
- Outdated layout trends.
- Text that’s extremely small and hard to read.
- Overall poor design and even worse landing pages
Why waste time and money with a company that’s only going to stop short of what you deserve? Don’t!
Here’s The Vertical Hosts Difference
Every website we build, we pour our blood, sweat and tears into. We make sure that every aspect looks and works great using current best practices in web design. Here’s what we do:
- Custom child theme for your site.
- All color styling is according to your branding guidelines.
- All menus look great on all devices.
- You website looks great regardless of the device and is always mobile friendly.
- We don’t use bad referring domains for backlinks.
- We monitor your site and fix the SEO areas that need it.
- Website and page speed optimization including optimizing images.
- We focus on YOUR brand, not ours including the favicon and login pages.
When all is said and done, we want to make sure your site is ready with no loose ends to clean up. We don’t rush through it, we take our time and only publish Beautiful Websites.
What are you waiting for……